Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Diamonds - A word from the developer

LogisiticsLogisitics Administrator, Community Manager, Asylum Labs
edited March 2015 in Wild Party Bingo
Hello, Morpheus the new Community Manager here. I'd like to take a few minutes to discuss the recent introduction of our new currency, Diamonds.

Essentially we have added Diamonds to better balance the game. In these types of "free to play" games, having a virtual currency is a standard way to purchase items in the game (like powerups). In Wild Party Bingo, our initial goal was to have a game with just one currency, Chips. (Some games have keys, and chests, and tickets etc. and we really wanted to avoid that). Since launching, during our ongoing beta testing we have learned that a second currency (Diamonds) is necessary to better balance the overall experience. Let me explain:

Initially, when there was only Chips, someone could accrue so many Chips and buy so many powerups they could just 'overwhelm' a room and win every time. That led to them getting more Chips. This is obviously unacceptable and was causing problems for many players. By introducing Diamonds, we make Powerups more rare and avoid this problem.

The second issue relates to the business side. At Asylum Labs it is ALWAYS our goal to give you excellent entertainment for a fair exchange of value. We feel we need to demonstrate the 'fun factor' before we ask for a single penny. With the old system most (highly engaged) users were simply playing for hours, days, weeks and never buying a single thing. This is understandable; the game allowed for that, but the problem from our perspective is that we have servers to run and bills to pay (and we're a small company) and we need some revenue to keep this whole thing going.

Some users have complained "you have to buy Diamonds with real money", and this is not exactly true. Yes, you can buy them with real money, but there are many ways to get them by just playing the game. Here are a few:

1) New users - we grant a stack of Diamonds free to get started
2) Daily Bonus - on certain consecutive days, you will be given free Diamonds
3) Level Up - as you rank up, you get free Diamonds

It is likely we will be adding other ways to get free diamonds also.

For those who have asked "what use are Chips now?", remember chips are still required to buy the Bingo cards at the beginning (to play at all). Chips are required for the lottery. We will also be including some very exciting mini-games soon, which will utilize chips.

Bottom line, you are some of our early users and we value your input. Your experience is helping make Wild Party Bingo a better game. We hope to continue a strong dialogue with you and build a massive, engaged and vibrant community.

We will continue to listen, tune how Diamonds work and add more value to the product. With your support our goal is to build the best Social Bingo game in the world.

-Morpheus
Community Manager

Comments

• I bought diamonds and when I request 5 daubs I only get 3!!!! Why when it says I will get 5.  Sometimes I get 5 but most times I only get 3. Not good!!! A credit would be nice and a fix to this problem even nicer!!!!
  • LogisiticsLogisitics Administrator, Community Manager, Asylum Labs
    SuzGuz, we had some technical difficulties last night, please send your friend code to contact@asylumlabsinc.com and we'll credit you for more diamonds + some for your trouble.

• I don't always get diamonds when I level up.  Does anyone know why this happens.
    Rose  Yes, you get diamonds ever OTHER level.  So 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.  

• I feel like your angry with me for having several difficulties. I haven't ben getting my power-ups like I use to before I complained. I'm sorry if I offended anyone because it was not my intentions. I just want you to be the Best of the Best. That's all. But today I  should've received, Day # 5 reward, but went back to Day # 1! I feel you should keep the bigger reward as long as you keep coming back. Please look at your records and you will see that I played yesterday, I play everyday that I can! Oh yes, My e mail from you said 4500 chips, And I did download the recipe book, the other e mail said 1500, but I never finished that one. I tell everyone how much fun this game is, and how you have more than 24 players, you've been very, very good to me and I AM Sorry if I offended you, Morpheus, please except my apology if I was bold in any way, please. It already stinks that you only get that reward 1 in 5 days, please don't make me lose it, before I get it. please. PLEASE!
    Donna, i replied in email.  I was NOT offended in any way, nor do you need to apologyize for having trouble of any kind!  we are here to help!  I assure you, we have changed nothing to 'penalize' you in any way.

Other people are getting their Day 5 reward so i'm not sure whats happening here.  We are investigating.
    I will go ahead and hand-grant you the chips/diamonds for Day 5 this time, but please try again and let us know what happens next Day 5.  

thank you,
    morpheus
  • I have 426 disrupters which I will never use, it is not the spirit of the game.  I would like to trade in for something I can use.
  • claireclaire Member

I also have more than 500 disrupters which I will never use, at one time or another I might have that person on my team.  Maybe we could trade for a different power up?  also, I clicked on buy power ups and nothing happens, so I leave the game and go somewhere else to play.  What else can I do with no power ups?

Thanks,

Claire

• The disruptor has been used on me,probably 5x. First time I thought my connection was bad..by the 3rd I figured it out. It gives you an option on who to use it on. I think this is what you're talking about?
  • MorpheusMorpheus Administrator
    Claire:  we will be adding a 'trade in' for disruptors.  You should be able to buy powerups no problem now.  You can also play the game as normal without powerups.

• Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    As far as I am concerned, this is THE best bingo game - EVER.

And fantastic value for money.

No other bingo game gives what you offer at WPB. In fact, you're too generous, but that's just my humble opinion.

Thank you for all you do for us. :D

Love, Allie (no:1 fan, UK)

• MorpheusMorpheus Administrator
    Allie: thank you SO MUCH, that means a lot!  Please get as many people as you can playing so we can continue to improve the game even more!

-m