Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Not just a Forum... but also a Chat Room?

Hello All  :)

As you all know, this WPB Forum is for us all to get together and talk to one another. It's not just the place you come to, to let us know you're having a problem that you'd like us to fix.

Some of you have asked for a designated chat room, and I believe that it may be on the roadmap for future development - if this is the case, while we are waiting, why don't we start a Chat Room, where we can talk about anything, share family stories... just generally have somewhere to hang out?

There will be the basic rules - please be nice to each other; no foul/bad language; no racism of any kind. Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Mutual respect at all times. Agree to disagree.

It's all basic common sense - we are all adults, we know what to do and how to behave.

If you agree, I'd like to start the ball rolling with the following topic:

What household chore drives you nuts with boredom, or which one do you really dislike?

For me, the boredom one is ironing. I hate ironing - I don't mind ironing someone else's clothes as they are different to mine and my family's clothes as I don't know them, so they are more interesting. The chore I really dislike, is cleaning the toilet. I'm a bit OCD about toilets/bathrooms, they have to be pristine with cleanliness - but the actual job of cleaning the toilet? Ugh - it's the bane of my life!!

Comments

• Hey I like this idea!! Well let's see...yup worst is the toilet. Worst job ever. Next I'd have to say laundry...it never ends!!!! Ugh!
  • Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    When I was a kid, we had a motorised washtub, with an electric mangle on the top to squeeze the water out of the clothes. I remember feeding a towel through the mangle and just getting my nails and the tips of my fingers pulled in between the rollers. I screamed like a banshee!! I was never the same after that, it gave me nightmares! I also hate doing laundry, it's like being a hamster on a wheel, you want to get off and just when you think you've caught up, another load is waiting to be done. Spring cleaning is heavy work on the laundry too, taking down curtains and drapes... it never ends, lol
    Do you have children, Mary? I have 2 - Helen is 27 and Adam is 23  :D
  • Boy could I ever relate to what you said there! There are just 3 of us but I rarely see the laundry basket empty. Ugh. How nice you have one of each-a girl and a boy. I have one daughter who is 39 and one grandson (hers) who is 17. My grandsons paternal grandma was from Oxford,England. I was thrilled that my grandson was taught about British culture as I believe it broadened his horizons. I'm glad you asked me. I was curious about your kids too but didn't want to appear nosey. Soon you may have grandkids!! I hope so. It makes it all worth while! You'll see what I mean. I enjoy chatting with u so much. MS
    I don't think I'll be getting grandchildren anytime soon, Mary - my son is gay and my daughter doesn't have a boyfriend, plus she doesn't like children  :(  You're not being nosey at all, if you don't ask, how will you find things out? I'm a bit of an open book, what you see is what you get :D I don't mind not having grandchildren, I have 3 cats! Do you have any pets?

I really enjoy talking to you, too :D
  • Oh well that made me sort of sad but you have been blessed with those two wonderful kids anyway! I had to quit working 3years ago to move in with my daughter. She has several chronic illnesses(myasthenia gravis,narcolepsy,rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus). She does well but sometimes all goes to heck and she needs help. Anyway the reason I tell u all this is because I live in her home. She has a wonderful Welsh Corgi named George. I love-no,adore cats and have always had them. But George is getting on in years now and so happy being the only child I don't think he'd appreciate the competition. So I miss having cats around very much. When my grandson goes off to college I may be able to get my own place in which case u can bet I'll have cats again. I would love to hear about your cats some time! I think it's OK your daughter doesn't care for kids. Not everyone does. But I'm sure that's sad for you and I'm sorry. But you have those precious cats to lavish all your love on. :)
    Don't feel sorry for me, Mary, even though I understand why you do :)

Actually, I'm "Yaya" (Yiddish for granny, you can also use the word "Bubbe") to 4 beautiful children. My best friend, Suz, passed away from cancer in September, and her daughter asked me to be her surrogate Mum... and although I will never fit Suz's shoes, it's an honour to be Mama to Beki and Yaya to her kids. She has 2 daughters, 11 and 8, and twin sons aged 5. I live too far away to visit, so I send them bags of sweets in the post.

I've had cats all my life, Mary, and the 3 I have at the moment, are all from the same litter, 3 boys, 2 are longhair, one is short hair. The biggest one is Pharaoh, he has cataracts; then we have Reaper, who looks permanently annoyed and is always wagging his tail; then the short hair is Oscar, he was the runt of the litter, and he nearly died as he wouldn't feed properly, but in time he pulled round. He's a bit developmentally delayed and slow, and he tends to dribble a lot. But all 3 boys are loveable, they have black and white fur, and they are 5 years old. I can't be without a cat, I love them so much, plus they look after themselves, don't they? I love the fact that they are so independent :)