Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Christmas is coming - are you ready for the big day?

Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
I'm very lucky - we celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas - I'm Jewish, my hubby isn't, so not only do we have the 8 crazy nights of Hanukkah, we also have Christmas Day. All the Hanukkah/Christmas gifts are bought and wrapped, just waiting to be opened. I only have to buy the food for the day itself. Im one of these super organised people who makes lists and checks things with a big tick as I do them.

How about you guys? What traditions do you follow? I know you have Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks time. Do you have big family reunions?

Comments

• Dang, Allie! You're all ready ? I'm impressed. Good for you! That's cool that you celebrate both. I wish more people in this world could practice harmony between beliefs instead of hate. As you may know, in America Thanksgiving is all about the food. Then we all complain about all the weight we gain. Hahaha I have yet to start my Christmas shopping. Better get on that. I'll keep you posted as to how it's going. MS
  • Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    One thing I do know, Mary, is that it is getting harder to find gifts for my hubby and the kids. They have everything  they need - and they say to me "Just buy us anything!" As if that made the job any easier!
  • Ha! Yes right... "Just buy me anything". Sounds so easy but usually doesn't work. Gift cards are good....hmmmm how about a WPB gift card? >-)
  • Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    LOL @ that idea :D

It just makes the gift buying harder for me, and they don't like gift cards, they like things they can OPEN, and go ooh and ahh, do you know what I mean? Plus I'm stuck doing everything online, I can't get around the shops on my own because I need my chair to be pushed, so I have no privacy to buy gifts, hence shopping online. And I always, always, end up spending more than I should... still, the looks on their faces when they open their gifts, well you can't put a price on that!
  • Oh my goodness Allie! You are in the same boat as me!! So you also have medical issues. I'm so sorry
    Yes, my daughter and grandson also want to be dazzled with lovely gifts and that does make it harder. I try to buy during the year but as I'm sure you would agree something else always has to be bought instead. It never ends. Well, in my old age (I am 65 today), I am trying to remember that the gifts are secondary to what should be the joy of the season. And to see them happy- you're right...makes all the pain worthwhile. :)