Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

New pop-up message about missed daubs from fellow teammates

Is it possible to remove this?  It is quite disrupting as I am always giving my teammates daubs.  I am very fast and that is how I win.  I have been having to remove this BIG obstacle every time I miss one that they give me.  I do not care that I missed this opportunity because I still get many points.  I will not play this game if this continues.  I realize this game is free and appreciate it, but it is not worth it to me with this big obstacle.

Comments

• Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    Hello

Thank you for your feedback, I'll pass all comments on to the team.

Best wishes

Allie
  • MorpheusMorpheus Administrator
    Calk, thanks for your input.

The new powerup popup is there for people who dont use powerups.
    Many players dont use them or understand how valuable they are.
    The way it works is if you click it when it appears, it will "remember" and not pop-up again.

OR, if you just use your powerups, it wont appear either.

For users who use powerups, but simply want to NEVER see it, we will be adding the ability to shut it off completely in the options in a future build.

Hope this helps,
    M
  • I click it every time and it still pops up every time.  It blocks me from provided daubs to others and purchase anything during that pop-up.  It has not helped.
  • I am not trying to be disrespectful, but if other players can't see that the ok sign is coming up on the right hand side from the teammates and you need to click on it, then they shouldn't play this game.  This new pop-up blocks the whole screen and keeps me from giving my teammates daubs to play.  I am very fast at this game (at 51) and can mark my numbers at the same time I receive these daubs from my teammates.  I don't need an additional message to come up when it blocks the whole team for me to see what they are giving me.  Please remove this.  It is too big of an obstacle, especially when the game is too slow.  It doesn't go away fast.  Otherwise I am going to stop playing this game.  Thank you.
  • MorpheusMorpheus Administrator
    ecga7, thank you for your input.

As has been mentioned elsewhere:

1)  the new pop-ups are for new players.  Over HALF of our players never use powerups, because they dont know they are there, and they dont understand them.  

2) we get that for our "power" users such as yourself, its just annoying.  We will be pushing a build very soon that DRAMATICALLY reduces the frequency of those popups.  Shortly after that, we will add an Option where you can shut them off entirely.

Hope this helps, and we appreciate you hanging in there while we iron out the kinks.  Your feedback and engagement is helping make this a better product.

-Morpheus

• I agree with everything ecga7 is saying.  To add - it is VERY annoying and distracting.  It takes away from the pleasure of playing.  Please, give the option to get rid of this ASAP!  It would be greatly appreciated.
  • Maybe an addition would be a DEMO for new players instead of interruptions for everyone.  Just a thought.
    Thank you, Alex, for another great suggestion - I'll feed this back to the team.

Best wishes

Allie, Community Manager
  • Thank you Alex_5428 for supporting my plea!  It is greatly appreciated.
  • Please
    remember that I was a new player at one time as well or I would be at the level
    I am at.  

These
    over half the players failed to read or failed wanting to read the instructions
    provided by your company. 
    The
    instructions on how to play the game are very clear under "Basic
    Help" or "Full Instructions".

Unfortunately
    this forum will not allow me to post the link to the “Full Instructions”. 

Please
    note that this is the era of the non-readers and individuals responding to
    emails, etc without fully taking the time to read. 

These
    instructions can't be any clearer! 

• I don't
    know if there is already a demo because I just read the printed instructions
    and moved on from there.  

In
    addition to the items I mentioned above, you have an advertisement below the
    game about the  daub spotter, free daubs,  helper, breaktime,
    refresh, and disrupter.

Unfortunately
    your format will not allow me to attach or paste a screen print of this
    advertisement.

I hope
    many users see this and finally take the time to go to the "Full
    instructions".

Again,
    this game (without the new pop-up that blocks the entire ability to assist
    teammates and utilize the power-ups), allows individuals to obtain hand/eye
    coordination speed or utilize their fast hand/eye coordination speed which is
    the whole point of this game.

• I have not been a customer of this game for very long and have already reached to level 54, by reading the instructions.
    edited February 2016
    Ecga, I hear what you are saying - I'm a daily player, at Level 59, and I took the time to read the instructions - many other players have, too.

But we want to reach the players, especially the new ones, who either haven't used the power ups yet, or who never use them, and hopefully they will take the time to read the instructions. A lot of players just want to get on with playing bingo, and we can understand that, too.

We're trying to reach every player, at all levels - and as Morpheus has said, for the more experienced player, the notification is going to be more finely tuned, with the option to turn it off.

So please bear with us. Thank you very much for your continued support and feedback, which we need, because it helps us bring you a better game and product, and thank you for your patience. It's very much appreciated.

Best wishes

Allie
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    Another inconsistency with your game ( sorry), I was winning and then it resorted back to the main menu.  I constantly and mostly consistently assist my teammates with all options.  I then have to go back into the game because it either is disconnected, timed out, etc.   This game is free (I understand, but inconsistent).  
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    Allie, please note that I was a new player just recently if you bothered to look at my account.  I have reached my level in a short amount of time.  
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    I know it must be annoying for many new players as well since it blocks them from helping other teammates.  Sorry no patience.
    edited March 2016
    Hello again Ecga

I don't know anything about any player unless I have their Friend Code, so I don't know when you joined us. I think you have done amazingly well, to reach the level you have, in such a short period of time - it's taken me best part of a year to get to level 60! :)

I notice that you said you have been playing the game then taken back to the main menu. Obviously, this has cost you in chips, as you were winning. If you wouldn't mind giving me your Friend Code, please, I can reimburse your losses. We make very sure that no player loses out because of a technical issue. If it happens again, please tell me straight away, and I'll make sure to take care of any losses.

I do know that Morpheus and the team have greatly reduced Bing the monkey's appearance in the game, so hopefully, you shouldn't see him as much. But again, any problems, please tell us.

Best wishes

Allie
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    Another addition.  I did a analysis.  95% of the players in all the games I play here in the forum, were here before me.  So really we are only doing this for the 5%.
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    I am always taken back to the main menu.  What happens more is that the game disconnects from the server.  In addition to all that, the game is always slow.  Sometimes in the late evening, early morning hours, the it speeds up a little bit.  This has been going on since I started playing Wild Party Bingo.  These issues are nothing new and I know will continue to be a problem.  It is part of the game.
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    This Bing the monkey is still a nuisance and an obstacle in playing the game.  I am unable to click fast to provide my teammates with extra help as I always have been doing before this "Bing the monkey" became a nuisance.  Again, I realize that this is part of the game and will find other games to play and play less of this game.  Thank you.
    edited March 2016
    Hello Ecga

In fairness, I have asked you for your Friend Code in order to reimburse your losses, but you haven't given it to me. I can't reimburse you, without it.

I've also tried to show you that we do care about you and how you feel about WPB, and we want to help in any way we can. But this is a 2 way street, so I ask that you meet us half way, in the community spirit.  :)

Morpheus is doing his best to keep Bing's presence at a minimum, and all we ask is for your patience. We don't want to lose you. Is there anything that we can do, to make your experience a better one? We are friendly and approachable, we do care, and we do want to help.

Best wishes

Allie
  • ecga7ecga7 Member
    I am not asking for any free items.  I would like to be able to play the game without obstacles.  I have been patient.  I still play although the game is slow, it disconnects from the server and taken back to the main menu.  These have been constant since I started the game.  But I believe adding this extra "Bingo the monkey" pop-up is an added slowness to the game.
    Morpheus has asked me to pass on to all players, that there will be a "switch off" button for Bing - this is still in development.

I wasn't offering you anything for free, I was offering to reimburse any losses caused by the game being disrupted. If you would like me to reimburse you, please would you provide your Friend Code?

Many thanks

Allie