Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

JACK-****ING-POT!!

It happened, my friends! I didn't think it was possible, but I hit a Jackpot—on the '60s machine! This is where I would say I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, but...I actually DIDN'T see it, unfortunately. See, it happened on my other computer. I've got one of my computers going with a particular hotkey that clicks the mouse button on its own every couple of seconds, so I can play the slots endlessly without having to sit there and manually click. It will even continue playing for me all night while I'm sleeping if I leave the computer on. And the last time I returned to the WPB tab on THIS computer (not the one that's playing slots on its own), my chips abruptly shot up to 9,999+. And my chips jumped to over 4 million. So there you have it. The thing is, when I went into the achievements to check on it, it now says only 10%. Guess you actually in fact have to get TEN Jackpots for that to pay out?
Oh well, I don't care. I actually got one, that's good enough. Strangely enough, though, it's also showing 10% on my regular Slots Jackpot achievement, and I don't remember that happening. Ever more strangely, earlier today while still playing the '60s machine, the game granted me the diamond achievement for hitting 3 diamonds on the regular Slots machine as well, and I don't think I really pulled that off either.

Comments

• Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    Greg, may I be the first to congratulate you on behalf of the WPB team, and on a personal note, a huge

"MAZEL TOV!!"

from me! Well done!!

I won the Jackpot last year, I remember it was something like 1 million, 9 hundred thousand and something  -  I don't remember everything about it, but I do remember being excited,and when the chips were gone, that was a sad time. ((well for me it was)

Please try not to go mad and spend your winnings wisely....unlike me, who lost the lot inside a week!
  • GregGreg Member
    Well, thank you, Allie, though let's be real; you're going to be the first, last and ONLY. :)
    That makes me guess you are Jewish. Or you just like to toss about Yidbrew phrases. Though interestingly, I understand that phrase literally means "Good luck." But yeah, it's usually used now to mean congrats.
    I remember you mentioning that to me in another post reply somewhere. I just wanted to throw it out there for players who like me don't (didn't) think jackpots actually happened.
    Heh...while this may be a funny question and while I don't mean to make you feel lousy or anything...what can you spend it on that will make you lose it in a short time? I mean...these can't be cashed into actual real money, can they?
  • Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    I'm Jewish, Greg... cut me lengthways and you'll find "You went to Israel and all you got me was this lousy....(insert item here)" stamped all the way through me.

I've not heard the term "Yidbrew" before. That's a new one on me, possibly because it's American? I'm a Brit.

Mazel tov mainly means to wish you all good things - so yes - good luck, congrats, well done, good for you... you catch my drift.

I lost all my chips on the slots - I went from bets of 50, to 5000, and no, unfortunately, real money doesn't come into it. I wish it did, as I'm fairly comfortable with my chip and diamond count just now. Let's put it this way - if all this was for real, at this moment in time, I''d be on holiday, I'd come home to a much bigger bungalow, and my new car would be a Range Rover. Oh, and someone would have finished landscaping my front and back gardens.
  • GregGreg Member
    Oh, how interesting. Jews are cute and funny—which I of course mean in the kindest ways—though Brits, I really adore Brits. Even cuter and more lovable. I knew there was a reason you liked me—and vice versa. I'm American, yes, and I really am quite the Anglophile. So much so, in fact, that for a couple years I've been writing a very specific variety of short stories and posting them on a very specific web site, and one of the more recent ones is my salute to British people. I just made up "Yidbrew." I'm a big fan of portmanteaus too. That's all I'll say about that short story right now, otherwise it'll start getting to be T.M.I.
    Ah, of course...I've only bet 5,000 chips enough times to meet the achievements, and no more. I've upped the bets here and there according to how many chips I've accumulated, and I do have a system to bet and play slots, when I've less than 100,000 chips. More than that, I just bet the minimum amount and spin a bazillion times. Yeah, I've briefly looked into online games that do actually reward you with actual money, but in those cases you often have to bet real money, and declare it on your taxes and uuuurrrrrrrggggghhh...I'm not a gambler anyway. I'll just stick with my job, boring as it is.