Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

ABUSIVE LANGUAGE

MarionMarion Community Manager
This is Marion Wong, a regular player at WPB. Some players have been using vulgar, foul, abusive and language unbecoming in the chat area. If you have any complaints, we have an efficient community manager, Allie Watson and two competent moderator, Sherrie and Loraine who will answer your questions and entertain your complaints. Chat room is not the venue.

Usage of profanity, name calling and harassing other players are uncalled for in any place, time or circumstances. This is abusive behaviour and will not be tolerated by myself and many others. The policy of WPB is clear. Abusive behaviour is not condoned in this site. Cyber bullying has legal consequences. It is not a victimless crime.

I took the time to write this for players that do drop by here to report any abuse in any form that they may have had in order to make the WPB community a better place to enjoy the game.

The argument of 'Freedom of Speech' will not fly here as the languages I've personally seen used were taped/screenshot can argubly be viewed as 'hate speech', 'defamation' and 'bullying'.

Please govern yourself.

Thank you

Comments

• Allie0923Allie0923 Member, Moderator
    Thank you very much, Marion, for this powerful post. Your words echo what I have been saying for months.

Wild Party Bingo is a family game, and has no place for profanity or vulgarity.

If anyone has a problem with another player, you come to me, or Loraine and Sherrie.  We do not and will not tolerate any form of bad behaviour.

As Marion quite rightly says - Please govern yourself.
  • LoraineLoraine Member, Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Yes I agree with you , Marion , it's totally unacceptable behaviour . Hope Now people will come forward , give name or names. Then action can be taken , so people can play bingo happily xx
  • I was one of the players subjected to verbal abuse by an individual.

She used ' dumb ass', ' bitch ', and when I asked ' did you go to school ? ' she responded with ' stfu ' = Shut the FxxK up '. At this point, I will not reveal her identity with the hope that she's read this post and will change. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Loraine, I am in total agreement with you that people should come forward with name/names so proper action can be taken. Shall we have a grace period say 14 days to see whether the behaviour has changed ?

I am a teenager, I learned three things at school. (1) Play nice (2) always say please (3)  thank you

These rules are life rules and not school rules, so please stop using languages that only demean yourself.

Thanks Allie and Loraine for everything xx

• This was written by our community manager, Allie Watson in a different thread. I thought it was relevant as actions were taken and if other players are being abusive to you, there is a technique explained in Allie's comments.

"

• I'm saddened to report to you all, that I have had to impose the first Chat Ban on a player.

I did not want to do this, but she left me no choice. Many players came to me and reported this woman for her bullying tactics, foul vile language, and just plain nasty behaviour - which is all against our Rules of Conduct.

The player's name is Tanya Dillon. She has several accounts. I had 3 of the Friend Codes, so I have imposed the Chat Ban of 100 days (to begin with) on all 3 accounts.

A Chat Ban means that the player can still play bingo and slots, but they can't speak to or interact with any other player. If she does interact with you by throwing disruptors at you while playing bingo, firstly click on the coffee cup, as this will dissolve the power of  the disruptor. Personally, I would return the favour several times over... but that's just me. I'm only human, I do have an axe to grind, as I have been at the end of her vicious tongue for some time now.

I did consult Morpheus before I took this action, and he agreed that it was the best course of action to take, at this time.

I take bullying extremely seriously. I made you all a promise that I would look after you. I've now done that, and will continue to do this, if necessary.

Take care

Allie
    Community Manager, Wild Party Bingo

• LoraineLoraine Member, Moderator
    Agree with you all, hopefully it will stop xx
    ps.... my surname is Walton, not Watson... thank you xxxx
  • crybaby1crybaby1 Member, Moderator
    Way to go Ms Allie, I know she has been a thorn to many of our players,,,, So if any of you out there and see her under a different name or account it needs to be brought to our attention..... I have told everyone before i am not one on bullying and that also includes Ms Allie no one should be rude or hateful towards her either....

Thanks and have fun.....Sherrie

Thank you, Ms Sherrie, you are my little angel xxxx